Commercial Vehicle Coverage
The differences between commercial and personal auto insurance are many, but the main differences lie in the extent and purpose of coverage. After all, businesses have many concerns private individuals don’t share, such as increased liability risks. The complexities involved in determining if you’re a good fit for commercial car insurance can be hard to understand. Thankfully, Cape Insurance can help you decide what car insurance coverage you need.
If you can answer “yes” to any of the following questions, you may need commercial car insurance:
- Are any of your vehicles registered or titled to a business, corporation, partnership, or DBA (Doing Business As)?
- Do any employees or non-listed drivers drive any of your vehicles on a regular or occasional basis?
- Are any of your vehicles leased or rented to others?
- Are any of your vehicles used for pickup or delivery of goods, including supplies, materials, newspaper, pizza, other food items, or for messenger services?
- Are any of your vehicles used for limousine, taxi service, or other livery service?
- Are any of your vehicles a pickup, van, or utility vehicle with a gross weight exceeding 10,000 pounds, or do any of your vehicles have a rated load capacity over 2,000 pounds?
- Are any of your vehicles equipped with snowplowing equipment, cooking or catering equipment, bathrooms, altered suspensions, hydraulic lifts, or racing equipment?
- Do any of your vehicles have equipment installed such as ladder racks or permanent toolboxes that are used to support a business?