Condo Unit Owner Insurance

As the owner of a condominium unit you must be aware of when and how the Unit Owner Policy begins and ends versus the Condominium Association Policy.

Most usually the Unit Owners policy provides coverage for what is termed “walls in coverage” that means that as a unit owner your policy needs to provide coverage for everything from your interior walls including items such as carpeting, tile, or any upgrades you have made to your unit. ¬†Your policy will also provide coverage for your personal belongings including your household furniture and fixtures as well as your personal effects such as clothing.

Types of Condo Coverage

  • Coverage for the interior structure of your condo
  • Coverage for your contents
  • Coverage if your condo becomes uninhabitable
  • Coverage for personal liability insurance
  • Coverage for medical payments
  • Coverage for loss assessment